Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Whoo Hoo

I just returned from my Dr. visit in Marina Del Rey and all I can say is Whoo Hoo!  My sister, Vicki, went with me to be my second ear and also to record the visit.  After Dr. St. Amand mapped me, that is to see if the phosphate is moving from my body, he pulled out the map from my last visit.  Oh my gosh, what a difference.  My left thigh, by the way that is a key place in your body to find fibro, had eight lumps in it my last visit.  This time it had only two.  This does not mean I am pain free, it means the phosphate is moving out of my body. which eventually will give me some relief.   I had been really concerned that I might be blocking because a truck hadn't hit me like I was expecting.  Apparently, the truck had foam bumpers and I didn't feel awful like I was expecting.  I did tell the doctor that I wouldn't know if a truck hit me because of the everyday constant pain.  He left my dose at 600 mg twice a day.  I know they raise the dose for a lot of people.  In visiting with him I told him I remember a three day pain respite many years ago.  I remember calling my daughter, Dana, and telling her I didn't know what what going on because I had no pain, no where.  Dr. St. Amand commented how said it was that three days without pain was a memorable event.  He encouraged me and said that I should begin to have some good days here and there and that will increase as I continue to dump the stuff.  He is not young, yet he runs between 15 and 18 miles every weekend. 
As we left the office on my visit, I yelled whoo hoo!  There, on the couch, was a young man of about 20 years old and his Mom.  This was his first visit to Dr. St. Amand.  You should have seen the pain and fear in their faces.  He has had every test possible to find out why he is in pain all the time.  When he heard my whoo hoo, he started asking some questions.  Vicki, my sister,  told him that I was progressing and he was at the right place. She told him how fortunate he was to find the doctor and be only 20 years old because I, her sister, had been dealing with this for over fifty years.  She opened her Droid telephone and showed him my blog.  He wrote it down and seemed so uplifted by our excitement of our visit.  As we left, we were both on a high.  Vicki, shed some tender tears as her gratitude rose up for our experience with this boy and his Mom.  I will include him, his Mom and all of you out there who are suffering this debilitating pain.  I am also going to include Dr. St. Amand and his staff so they will continue to have good health and be able to keep helping me like me.  
Please feel free to ask me questions or make comments.  I will do my best to answer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment