Monday, February 1, 2010

First day of the rest of my life!

     Well....here goes.  Today, February 1, 2010,  I started on Dr. R. Paul St. Amand's protocol for Fibromyalgia.  I have been dealing with this stuff for over fifty years....ya think.  A friend of my daughter, Paula, gave us the info about this protocol about a month ago.  My daughter got so excited to see that her friend Paula had success with her fibro that she ran out and bought the book the very next morning for me.  I am on my third reading.  I just returned from my first appointment, January 29, 2010, with Dr. St. Amand in Marina Del Rey.  I, for the first time in my fibro life, feel that this is really the first day of the rest of my life.  I flew to see him and asked my sis Vicki to go with me to keep notes and possibly record my appointment.  By the way, they had no problem with her doing either of those.  I can't say I was nervous for the appointment but I was VERY APPREHENSIVE.  I felt that all that I had read on the support group messages might be too good to be true.  And....who was this doctor who really cared if I got better or not?  I cannot express in human words how very impressed I was with the care I received from him.  He was thorough with his exam and took the time to explain the protocol as if I was the first patient he had ever seen.  When we came out of the appointment, my sister kept on saying how she couldn't believe the care I had just received by this compassionate man.  I agreed.
     I decided to create this blog for two reasons.  First, I wanted to keep a journal of my experience and second, I am hoping that my experiences may help someone out there with this painful disease.  I will be noting my ups and downs so as I make improvements, small or big, I will be able to see in print where I am and where I am going.
 
   

1 comment:

  1. Carole -
    Your blog looks awesome and I am just as excited for the beginning of your life as you are. I am so proud of this step you have taken and we are praying for miracle upon miracle for you! We want you better, sisto! Love you mucho and yeah for Dr. St. Amand!
    Sisto Vicki

    ReplyDelete